Google+ drew its first 10 million users in just 16 days. Twitter and Facebook took more than two years to reach that milestone.
Before we get carried away, we should take a deep breath and remember that Twitter has 200 million users, 10 times what Google+ has. For that matter, Facebook has 750 million users. It would take years for Google+ to grow that large.
But this is how disruption happens. Things start out small, sometimes as almost a joke. But they keep getting better, and more people start using them, and pretty soon they’ve conquered the world.
Agree or disagree?
- austin-limousines reblogged this from cheatsheet
- criminalattorneysdir reblogged this from cheatsheet
- snapne likes this
- traiteur-paris likes this
- npesta reblogged this from cheatsheet
- aarav-h likes this
- blog-de-voyage likes this
- last--minute likes this
- devilreid reblogged this from cheatsheet
- zubzubzub answered: agree. because its not facebook! xkcd.com/918
- rashansworld reblogged this from cheatsheet
- gevey likes this
- juliola likes this
- sahyder1 reblogged this from cheatsheet
- playthebside answered: agree.
- hateitorloveit likes this
- ptan reblogged this from cheatsheet
- jreese reblogged this from cheatsheet
- rickwebb answered: G+ is basically gmail+. We were all already signed up. How long did it take for gmail to get to 10MM?
- thats-a-shame likes this
- jeremymeyers answered: Let’s keep in mind where the development of ‘social media’ was when Facebook and Twitter were launched vs june 2011 shall we?
- samanthammkay answered: I agree to a certain extent, Google+ isn’t as welcoming as its counterparts. It’s like the adult, Upper East Side version of social networks.
- carolinefaymorgan reblogged this from cheatsheet
- markshotton likes this
- mudlatte reblogged this from cheatsheet
- ananonymousbob said: Yeah, but Google opened it up to 10 million a lot faster than Facebook, who opened it only to a handful of universities at a time. Additionally, everyone knows about Google, and facebook was unheard of for most at the time.
- azurewhelp answered: You have to acknowledge that GooglePlus had Twitter and Facebook to pave the way for social media adoption.
- chucknorristaylor likes this
- the20washington likes this
- kiwioconnor answered: We should also remember that Gmail has close to 200m monthly users…
- jsurico answered: Absolutely disagree. This is Google… not some start-up.
- cheatsheet posted this